Wine Etiquette and Tasting Skills Foundation Program ( with Certificate )
－ level 2 －
Feeling unconfident and stressed about picking wine in restaurant? Lacking of descriptive terms and knowledge to express comments on wine? If you aspire to become a senior executive or socialite, and would like to successfully entertain clients and peers, wine etiquette can create a significant impact for you to win positive impression and even the business deals over dinner.
This program will include 6 classes of wine tasting and wine etiquette in details. In additional to proper tasting skills and wine knowledge, you will also take control of your wine enjoyment, and confidently engage with you guests and sommeliers about wine.
Level 2 : Class 4 - 6
Date : October 31st, November 7th & 18th, 2023
Time : Oct 31 & Nov 7 : 7-9 pm
Nov 18 : 12:30-3 pm
Venue : Oct 31 & Nov 7 : Co-working space in Causeway Bay or Wanchai
Nov 11 : Les Saveurs Private Kitchen, Wanchai
Class size : 6 - 10 students / class
Fees：$5, 500 / person ( 3 Classes + 3 courses Western lunch + Certificate )
* $ 8,500 / person ( Full Course - Level 1 + 2 early bird ), original price $9,700 / person
Tutor：Ms. Esther Lee
- Certified International Social Etiquette Trainer from Minding Manners International
- WSET Diploma Certified and WSET Certified Educator
Course Outline :
Class 4 :
Wine etiquette in restaurants and events
· How to read wine list in restaurants and order wines with service staff.
· Wine regions and winery names pronunciation.
· Procedures of tasting a new bottle of wine – when should you approve or reject the wine.
· Rules of house wine and BYOB in bars and restaurants.
· Line up the drinking sequence of various wine for dinner events.
· Consumer’s wine etiquette in tasting events and winery visits.
· Tasting of 3 to 4 wines from a prestigious winery for quality comparison.
Class 5 :
Wine serving skills and building your wine collection
· Introduction of fine wine market and wine investment.
· Most influential wine critics scoring system in the world.
· Serving wine like a pro and wine storage tips.
· How to start building my wine collection.
· Estimate decanting time and ageing potential of wine.
· Tasting of 3 to 4 fine wines from France & Italy ( Premier Cru, Grand Cru Classe or DOCG level).
Class 6 :
Wine lunch with food and wine pairing challenge
· Introduction of western table manners and table setting.
· Basic concept of food and wine pairing – contrast, complement & classic pairing.
· How do wine and food enhance flavours or undermine their original taste.
· 3 to 4 courses western menu with 4 types of wine pairing -- participants can also bring their own wines for pairing.
Including the following :
12.5 hours of face to face tutorial by WSET Diploma Certified Holder / Educator
26 types of wine for tasting, including key wine regions around the world, red and white wine, sparkling wine, fortified wine, Premier & Grand Cru wine
3 courses western lunch in last class
Summarized tutorial handouts of Class 1 to 6
Attendance Certificate issued by Modern Etiquette Institute for participants who have completed 80% of the program.
Classes will be conducted in Chinese, supplemented with English.
Students who complete the course and pass the assessment will receive a "Wine Etiquette and Tasting Skills Foundation" certificate issued by Modern Etiquette Institute ( MEI ).
Each workshop requires minimum of 6 people. Modern Etiquette Institute (MEI) reserves the right to postpone or cancel the class if the minimum capacity has not been met, and will notify the participants 3 days before workshop. MEI will allow participants to use the credit for other workshops.
MEI has the right to make final decision on class venues and restaurant choices.
If student has missed 1 or more classes, partial class fees will not be refunded, but student may attend the missing class in next course period. Valid until 6 months.